The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electric utility company Atlantic Power (AT). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/7 the stock gained 9.83%.
Atlantic Power Corporation is an independent electric power producer that owns interests in a diversified portfolio of independent, non-utility power generation projects and one transmission line situated in major U.S. markets.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 14.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 4.79% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 18.08% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.58%
- Technical support level at 2.48
- Recently traded at 2.53 with a 50 day moving average of 2.21
- Market Cap $275 million
- Revenue expected to grow% next year
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 21.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 102 to 11 that the stock will beat he market
- 11,292 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha