The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the loan producer New York Community Bancorp (NYCB). I found the stock by sort Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new hihgs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/9 the stock gained 12.0%.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. is a leading producer of multi-family loans in New York City, with an emphasis on apartment buildings that feature below-market rents. The Company has two bank subsidiaries: New York Community Bank, with 178 branches serving customers throughout Metro New York and New Jersey; and New York Commercial Bank, with 36 branches serving customers in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, and Westchester County in New York. Reflecting its growth through a series of acquisitions, the Community Bank operates through five local divisions: Queens County Savings Bank in Queens, Roslyn Savings Bank on Long Island, Richmond County Savings Bank on Staten Island, Roosevelt Savings Bank in Brooklyn, and Garden State Community Bank in New Jersey. Similarly, the Commercial Bank operates 17 of its branches under the name Atlantic Bank.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- (12.54) negative Weighted Alpha
- (19.15%) loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 14.27% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.00%
- Technical support level at 10.81
- Recently traded at 11.38 with a 50 day moving average of 9.89
- Market Cap $5.33 Billion
- P/E 14.10
- Dividend yield 6.26%
- Revenue expected to decrease 8.80% this year and another 4.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 17.60% this year but decrease at a compounded annual loss of 20.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 12 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 450 to 23 that the stock will beat the market
- 15,398 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha