The Barchart Chart of the Day goes to the solar energy systems company Sunrun (RUN). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort it's Top 100 Stockslist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/1 the stock gained 9.83%.
Sunrun Inc. develops, owns, manages and sells residential solar energy systems. The Company provides solar service offerings through channels consists of direct-to-consumer channel, solar partner channel and strategic partnership channel. It also develops and sells mounting structures through the installation and distribution operations under the SnapNrack brand. The Company operates primarily in Arizona, California, Delaware, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania and South Carolina, as well as the District of Columbia. Sunrun Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 95.43+ Weighted Alpha
- 175.23% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 DMA
- 18 new highs and up 36.97% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.55%
- Technical support level at 14.28
- Recently traded at 14.66 with a 50 day moving average of 12.55
- Market Cap $1.63 billion
- P/E 26.54
- Revenue expected to grow 35.80% this year and another 10.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 29.10% this year but increase again by 39.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.14% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 16 to 21 that the stock will not beat the market
- 10,024 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha