The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the health care REIT Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/5 the stock gained 8.74%.
Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Maryland. It is a self-administered real estate investment trust (`REIT`), investing in income producing healthcare facilities, principally long-term care facilities located in the United States (`U.S.`) and the United Kingdom (`U.K.`). The Company provide lease or mortgage financing to qualified operators of skilled nursing facilities (`SNFs`) and, to a lesser extent, assisted living facilities (`ALFs`), independent living facilities and rehabilitation and acute care facilities. It has historically financed investments through borrowings under its revolving credit facilities, private placements or public offerings of its debt and equity securities, the assumption of secured indebtedness, retention of cash flow, or a combination of these methods.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signal
- 42.82+ Weighted Alpha
- 39.52% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 9.03% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.92%
- Technical support level at 37.55
- Recently traded at 37.74 with a 50 day moving average of 34.16
- Market Cap $7.60 billion
- P/E 12.33
- Dividend yield 6.91%
- Revenue expected to be down 2.50% this year but up again by 3.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 202.00% this year, an additional 14.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 8 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
- 59,655 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha