The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biomedical company Exelixis(EXEL). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/5 the stock gained 19.20%.
Exelixis, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its development and commercialization efforts primarily on COMETRIQ' (cabozantinib), its wholly-owned inhibitor of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases. Another Exelixis-discovered compound, cobimetinib, a selective inhibitor of MEK, is being evaluated by Roche and Genentech (a member of the Roche Group) in a broad development program under a collaboration with Exelixis.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- 13.95- Weighted Alpha
- 22.06% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 67.30% Relative Strength Index
- Technical support level at 20.16
- Recently traded at 21.38 with a 50 day moving average of 17.29
- Market Cap $6.14 billion
- P/E 17.88
- Revenue expected to grow 80.60% this year and another 11.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 46.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 5 buy and 4 old recommendatins on the stock
- 27,632 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha